A New Future is Starting in Egypt
The main objective for Egypt.Now festival is to create a brand event that will capture Egypt’s essence- youth for freedom- inviting the world to support Egypt 2011, serve as a guide to the world developing countries, and turn into a yearly global event.
There are 6 main goals, Egypt.Now will work to achieve:
- Excite and mobilize Egyptians for a huge upcoming event, spreading out the event motto: “the world is coming, get ready”.
- Build on the Egyptian momentum in the eyes of the world, showcase Egyptian youth as the leading element of change, and invite the world to come and support a new future sparked by Egyptians.
- Invite the world’s experts to come and support the newly liberated Egypt with ideas and concepts.
- Create and refresh job opportunities, crafts, services and more.
- Bring tourism back to Egypt, keeping in mind that over two million Egyptian families were directly affected. Explore world youth as a potential target.
- Set Egypt as the heart of action for the young and free; intending to turn the event to be a global destination held annually.
Egypt.Now will tackle three main areas by three main activities:
- Egypt.Now Forum (knowledge)
The forum will invite the world’s foremost economical, social and political entrepreneurs, experts and innovators to envision the future of Egypt and Catalyze large scale collaborative economic and social opportunities for change.
- Egypt.Now Fair (Culture)
Encourage Egyptian art, crafts, artisans’ workshops, local manufacturers and touristic services providers to be present in a large crafts fair, besides selecting spots to act as open markets to welcome the world, and encourage local economic activity.
- Egypt.Now Concert (Entertainment)
As an opening act, the concert will invite MTV network in Tahrir square for a spectacular night, brining the world to sing with Egyptians in a celebration of peace and freedom.
Date: 1 - 18 JULY 2011
Venues: Cairo- Alexandria- Sharm El Sheikh- Luxor
18 Days of Revolution
A Journey through the Egyptian Fight for Freedom
18 Days of Revolution is an exhibition, formed of 18 different rooms, in a maze-like structure, starting with January 25 and ending with February 11.
The audience will go through a journey experiencing the main events, with each day’s highlight, in an artistic interpretation about what happened that day.
The event that will reflect the modern Egyptian Revolution art, will not just take place in Egypt, It will also visit many cities of the world, serving as touring exhibition.